Sławuta. In Volhynia, in the voivodship poviat of Volhynia, among the vast forests on the Horyń and Utka (formerly Dereźnia) entering it, once the capital of the great estates of the Sanguszko dukes – the town of Slavuta. And these were really huge possessions, as they had about 110,000 hectares. Half of this area was arable land, and forests occupied about 33 thousand. ha, and the remaining area was covered with grass of meadows and pastures and wasteland of wasteland. The whole Sławucki estate was divided into three keys: Białogródecki, sławucki and Zasławski. The keys, in turn, were divided into farms, of which there were about 65. The latifundium was also composed of 95 villages and 3 cities, ie Białogródka, Sławuta and Zasław.
These lands, which in the past belonged to a gigantic complex of estates of the Ostrogski princes from nearby Ostrog, became for almost two hundred years the property of the Sanguszko family in 1720. In 1907, the establishment of Sławucki was established. Slavuta, mentioned for the first time in 1633, was initially enjoying urban privileges, but invasions and Cossack wars almost completely ruined it. Thanks to the new owners, King August III issued a privilege in 1754 granting the town Magdeburg rights, that is, municipal laws. Therefore, the city could issue fortifications and organize two annual fairs, and in addition, weekly fairs could function there. A magnificent town hall erected on the plan of an elongated horseshoe stood on the town square. Around 1840, Fr. Eustachy Sanguszko once again expanded its headquarters. The second floor was added then and a two-story arcaded driveway with a terrace was added to the right front slant. (…)
Thus, the whole was as follows: The main body of the palace had a central half-round projection with a high attic and two side projections topped with triangular pediments. The low ground floor with square windows was separated by a profiled cornice from the first floor, which had large rectangular windows. There were also two outbuildings (kitchen and guestroom) and separate pavilions (including a classicist storey with spacious stables).
After the death of Fr. Eustachy Sanguszko in 1844, the palace was not inhabited. In 1866, the first floor contained an archive, a library (about 6,000 volumes, many valuable manuscripts) and collections of porcelain, old weapons, so-called. antiquity and painting (the picture gallery was later transferred almost entirely to Zasław).