Slavuta (Sławuta pol.) the town where Moshe Feldenkrais has grown was originally founded by the Polish prince Sanguszko around 1620. It was belonging to the territory of the Polish Royal Kingdom till 1795 when Polish territory was divided between Austria, Germany and Russia with some autonomy left depending of the occupants nationality. Till the October Revolution in 1917 it was the territory of Poland under Russian governance. Despite that fact the town was flourishing and developing. The Sanguszko family leaving in a splendid palace have been owners of most of the towns production facilities and they built between others a tissue factory the same one that Moshe father Aryeh and Moshe father’s father in law Michael Pshater were providing with charcoal. In 1870 Sławuta had ca 3500 habitants and 65% of the population was Jewish. In 1897 the town counted already 8500 inhabitants. During the October Revolution, the Sanguszko prince was murdered by revolted soldiers, his palace destroyed, and the town damaged. And after the Polish-Russian war in 1920-21 it was incorporated to the Soviet Russia and never came back to Poland. However it is important to know and remember that Moshe Feldenkrais was living in the Polish town of Sławuta, under the administration of the Tsar’s Russia. Saying that it was Russia is missleading, same way one could say that Paris during the government of Vichy was located in Germany. One more information has to be noticed. Sławuta was famous for it’s good climate, healing waters, a sanatorium developed on the borders of Horyn River in a pine forest, and horses farms. Those horses were famous too because of their milk (kumys) that was used for treating several diseases including tuberculosis by a famous Polish doctor named Dobrzycki. Currently rebuilt after the war Slavuta has about 35.000 citizens and it is an industrial center.